Published July 14th, 2011
For many couples considering a wedding at French’s Point, our estate is the very first venue they visit during the planning stages. That means we often meet brides and grooms-to-be just as their vision for the big day is starting to take shape.
Our on-site planner acts as an event coordinator for these couples often long before they even book, learning about their hopes for the day and what their budget will accommodate. A few of the topics that guide our discussions include:
- Opting for a single day versus a full weekend event
- Introducing couples and their guests to the region’s activities, amenities and vendors, since so many couples marry at French’s Point as a destination event
- Providing standard information about our prices and services, with an emphasis on the wide range of customization we offer
- Prioritizing where to allocate costs and where to cut back, including elements such as a DJ/live band, flowers/full event design, and others
- Selecting vendors and reviewing vendor contracts; inviting new vendors to the property ahead of the wedding; encouraging communication between the couple and their vendors
- Establishing planning timelines and itineraries
- Communicating by phone, email and Skype to develop a rapport with clients. About 60% of our couples tour the estate but may not return for planning meetings, the other 40% book us sight unseen, arriving only for the actual event.
- Deciding on and confirming accommodations and transportation
- Day-of services, including the bridal planner as well as another manager assigned to the bridal party
Planning a wedding is no easy feat. Let us help you make the most of your big day.