Published May 21st, 2013
Maine is famous for creating the whoopie pie, although there is a lot of debate amongst our friends from Pennsylvania. Cranberry Island Kitchen has has taken the casual sweet treat and made it a gourmet wedding favorite. There are dozens of ways to incorporate their traditional whoopie pie style into your special day. They provide wedding cakes, small whoopie pies to replace the cake, grooms cakes, favors and more.
And think beyond the traditional chocolate and vanilla whoopie pies that you grew up with. These gourmet treats can have a chocolate, golden or vanilla base with a variety of filling flavors including:
- Original (our secret recipe made with organic vanilla)
- Peppermint (with a crunch of peppermint in every bite)
- Cointreau and fresh orange zest
- Rum (Myers Dark)
- Espresso (freshly brewed)
- Rich Chocolate (for those who can never get enough)
- Champagne… add a little glamour and fizz to your celebration…try a spoonful of raspberry sauce on a pretty plate, top with a Champagne filled whoopie pie, and voila–your guests will be wowed!
- Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
- Chocolate Chip (Gourmet Valrhona chocolate pearls)
- Espresso Chocolate Chip
- Mexican (This one won us 1st Place for Best Original Whoopie Pie at the 2010 Whoopie Pie Festival, a chocolate cake with our rich chocolate filling with a hint of cinnamon and a kick of cayenne pepper)
Check out their website for more information. www.cranberryislandkitchen.com