Published August 8th, 2013
Planning a wedding can be exciting and fun. Many couples reach a tipping point when they realize they can’t do it all themselves and reach out for professional help. At French’s Point we work with our couples from the very beginning to make sure they are on the path to planning a gorgeous wedding without the stress. We recommend being prepared with a list of questions for any vendor you meet with.
Before meeting with our planners, you and your fiancé should have an idea of how much money you have in your budget, how many people you would like to invite, your preferred wedding date and your vision for your wedding. No pressure to make a premature decision, but it is often helpful to have a quick conversation to make sure you are both on the same page before meeting with a planner.
- Do you have our wedding date open? If so, do you anticipate any issues with the date such as weather, travel for our guests, difficulty booking a venue, etc.?
- How many wedding clients do you take on in a year? How many do you expect to have during the month of our wedding?
- If our event is outdoors, what contingency plan would you have for bad weather?
- Are we required to book only the vendors you recommend or do we have the freedom to hire someone even if you haven’t worked with them before?
- Will you be present at vendor meetings and will you assist us in reviewing all of the vendor contracts and making sure everything is in order?
- What kind planning do you offer? (Logistics, Design, Day of Coordination)
- Will you handle every aspect of the planning or can we do some things on our own? What parts of the planning will we be responsible for?
- Will you be the person on site the day of our wedding or will it be another planner? How many assistants will you have?
- How do you keep in touch with clients?
- Can you help us stay on budget?
- What’s the average size of the weddings you plan?
- Will we work well together?