Published November 12th, 2018
French’s Point is a family-owned and operated vacation rental home. We kindly ask that you care for our home as you would your own during your stay, and return the home to us at check out as you found it upon check in. Because the estate has two homes and 14 acres, and to make the time here more comfortable and enjoyable for your group, we suggest that Hosts select a resident from each of the houses to be the “House Captain”. This House Captain will be a point person for guests with questions, will help relay information to help enjoyment of the property, and help ensure rental terms are followed. Here are a few points of information the House Captains should know in preparation for your stay:
- The House Captain is the primary point of contact for the guests within the house if they have questions about the weekend activities. They are a point of contact with the Hosts, the wedding planner, and French’s Point family. They assist guests in finding their rooms at check in and answering questions about the homes, relay the details of the weekend’s events, and assist in a smooth check out process. There is a binder located on the main level of each building with the welcome information and an area Resource Guide. There are floor plans in the Welcome Center of each home with room assignments as well.
- We ask that the House Captain arrives at check in with the hosts of the stay so we can address questions and help familiarize you with the home before the remainder of the guests arrive to the estate. Please confirm this time with your hosts.
- Please help keep guests mindful of the 10pm-9am Quiet Hours at the Retreat House and 9pm-9am Quiet Hours at the Farm House. During quiet hours, all guest activity and sound must be contained within the buildings by 10:00PM. All fire pit use and outdoor activities need to cease by this time.
- Guests can park their cars in front of the homes to unload, but vehicles should be moved to designated parking areas during your stay.
- During events where there is a bus on site that is providing shuttle service, we ask there be no cars parked in the front of the Farm House along the road. This area will be bus parking only.
- Please share with guests that if they leave their rooms or common areas vacant for a long period of time, all windows and exterior doors need to be shut. Maine weather can change quickly. We also ask guests to please turn off all lights and AC units when the room is not occupied to help conserve energy.
- During your stay, all trash from both the Farm House and the Retreat House needs to be taken to the dumpster. The dumpster gets emptied on Thursdays. We suggest doing a daily walk-through of the common areas of the building you are staying in to ensure it stays clear of clutter throughout the duration of your stay.
- French’s Point recycles redeemables (bottles & cans with a ME redemption label only). Please separate these items only from your trash. Inside the homes, containers are marked for collection of Redeemables in the kitchen and common areas. During your stay, please place all redeemable (Bottles & Cans with a ME redemption label ONLY) in the barrels to the right and left of the dumpster inside the enclosure. If you are the House Captain at the Farm House, these Bottles and Cans can be placed within the receptacles within the tree hollow along the road side. If these receptacles fill during your stay, please bring the load down to the dumpster enclosure. If bottles and cans do not have a ME redemption sticker, please place them in the dumpster.
- During your stay, cardboard can be disposed of in the designated receptacle near the dumpster enclosure. Please do not leave cardboard in any other area.
- At check out, please return all furnishings, games and equipment to their original locations, & remove all food & personal effects. Bed linens & towels will be removed by house keeping.
- At check out, all dishes need to be put away or in the dishwasher at departure.
- At check out, all keys and chalkboards need to be returned to the suite doors.
- At check out, all trash, cardboard & redeemables should be removed to the dumpster enclosure.
Please read through our Welcome Information and our Check Out document. Should you need assistance related to our facilities, please contact us during our office hours (9am-4pm) by calling 207-567-3650. In the case of emergency, please call the same number. Our office line is forwarded to a mangers phone after hours. We occupy an office located on the lower level of the Retreat House near the Catering Kitchen. For assistance during your stay, please ring the doorbell outside the kitchen, email us at email@example.com, or give us a call.
Photography by The Light & Color