- We welcome you to select your own team of vendors, including professionals that align with your values & your vision.
- Our preferred vendor directory includes only providers that French’s Point has experience with, who strive to provide great service to our mutual clients, and meet the required standards of service at French’s Point.
- Vendors on our Preferred Vendor Directory do not pay commission to French’s Point. This list is carefully curated, simply to ensure you can assemble an exceptional team of vendors for your celebration.
- Planners, Caterers & Bar Service Providers must be hired from our Preferred Vendor Directory because vendors in these categories of service must have experience with French’s Point & knowledge specific to the estate to ensure a successful outcome for your event.
- Except for the Planner, Caterer & Bar Service Provider, all other vendors are not required to be hired from the Preferred Vendor Directory.
- All vendors must carry liability insurance, sign a release of liability form & carry applicable licenses in the State of Maine.
- The Client must obtain host liquor liability & general liability insurance for $1,000,000 of coverage for the duration of your reservation term, prior to arrival date.
- The Client must obtain Event Cancellation Insurance, which protects the financial investment related to this reservation with French’s Point, for the full Rent, Lodging Tax & Lodging Extension Rate listed in their contract, no later than 45 days after reservation.
- The Hersey Retreat at French’s Point, LLC, Beach House at French’s Point, LLC, The Farm at French’s Point, LLC, Thistle Industries, LLC, doing business as French’s Point must be listed as additional insured on your liquor liability certificate & general liability certificate.
- Coverage offered by your caterer or bar service or other vendors does not satisfy insurance requirements.
- You must provide proof of insurance coverage during the service periods selected for events that include off site lodging Guests to French’s Point, no later than 14 days prior to the event date.
- A penalty of $1,000.00 will apply & is the responsibility of the Client for insurance policy violations.
Three Forms of Required Wedding Insurance
- To protect the purchaser or related providers from exposure (such as injury or death) to general liability resulting from wedding activities.
- To protect the purchaser or related providers from exposure (such as injury or death to liquor liability resulting from alcohol served & consumed in the duration of your reservation.
- To protect the purchaser or related parties from financial exposure (in cases of cancellation, postponement, extreme weather, death, illness, lost deposits & theft) related to contracted services engaged & paid for, for your wedding events.
To aid in assigning rooms to your guests and making the arrival process for your family as simple as possible, we have created floor plans & virtual tours of each home at French’s Point. Each home has it’s own page on our website that includes a list of amenities, images, floor plans & virtual tours. Start off by viewing The Retreat House below!
As you generate your guest list for your celebration, you can start assigning rooms to your nearest & dearest friends and family. This room assignment sheet will need to be filled out by the hosts of the celebration and emailed to the office no later than 2 weeks prior to your celebration. Once received by the office, room assignments will be printed in this format and hung in the entryway of each home in a frame. First names of your guests will be written on chalkboard signs and hung on the suite doors within each home for an easy self-checkin!
As would be anticipated with a vacation rental reservation, hosts set & collect a lodging rate for their guests to contribute toward the expense of the accommodation associated with their reservation of the estate. This can be based on the per person/weekend or per suite/weekend. As a host, you decide what works best for you and your guests. If you are collecting lodging payments for your guests, the payment schedule in your current invoice with us is accurate.
If you wish to have French’s Point collect lodging payments directly from your guests, the due date for lodging is due 200 days prior to check-in along with a $1,500 Administrative Fee. 230 days prior to check-in, we would need to receive confirmation if you would like to proceed with this service and we will send you the Lodging Collection Form to complete to issue invoices to your guests.
As you dive into planning your weekend events and start generating your rental order with the aid of your planner, we want to remind you of a few basic items you will need to add to your rental order:
Tent Heaters (May, June, September & October)
Patio Heaters (May, June, September & October)
Below is the complete list of Tables, Chairs & Bars provided by French’s Point as part of your reservation, and where this inventory is stored & available for use.
Because French’s Point is a vacation rental estate, we supply you with a list of items we supply by home and items we suggest you pack for your stay. This packing list will help maximize the enjoyment of your stay.
You are welcome to rent golf carts for the duration of your stay through Goudreau & Sons Golf Carts, LLC. If you do so, please inform us & schedule their delivery & pickup times during your rental term.
For your safety, we ask that golf carts be driven only on established gravel pathways, only by non-drinking guests & remain at low speeds at all times. Please do not drive during quiet hours. We reserve the right to take ownership of the keys if we see necessary.
French’s Point offers 6 outdoor fire pit locations, which are a wonderful element to enjoy during your stay. They enhance the overall weekend experience & offer the opportunity to create cozy, meaningful moments, & delicious s’mores!
Read more about each fire pit location and the responsibilities that come along with using a fire pit during your stay in this document.