Published November 21st, 2016
This fall I was blessed to be surrounded by some very special people at an event I co-hosted at one of my favorite wedding venues, William Allen Farm in Pownal, Maine owned by Heidi and Al Curry. The event was an opportunity for the members of the Maine Wedding Cooperative (MWC) to come together to enjoy a harvest dinner produced by some of Maine’s most talented, hardworking, kind and generous souls in the wedding industry. The Maine Wedding Cooperative is currently made up of the members of the Maine Wedding Venue Cooperative and the Maine Wedding Planner Cooperative. I founded both entities last year in a collaborative effort to strengthen our Maine wedding vendor community and help promote excellent customer service, professionalism, and camaraderie among our peers, in an effort to provide a better experience for couples getting married in Maine.
During this year’s Harvest Dinner event, I reconnected with some wonderful industry friends for the first time in many months after a very busy season. I was so grateful for the time they spent with me and the rest of our beautiful community.
The sponsor team produced a beautiful celebration! This event was a gift of love and gratitude from the incredible team of sponsors from my community for whom I could not be more grateful or adore any more:
- Heidi Curry William Allen Farm
- Ryan Carey Fire & Co.
- Paula Cano and her team from A Family Affair
- John and Josie Griffin The Event Light Pros
- Stacy Brenner Broadturn Farm
- Ellen Greely Braley and Bob from El’s Cards
- Kate, Steve, and Cait from Black Dinah Chocolatiers
- Lauren Myers from Lauren Rachel Designs
- Haylee and Kelsey from Savvy Event Rental
- Scott Masi of Chairman of the Board Furniture
- New England Tent and Awning
- Jamie Mercurio of Jamie Mercurio Photography
- Josh Swan Media Northeast
- Maria Northcott Maine Wedding Network
- Sarah Ripley from French’s Point
- Amber C Small Streamline Marketing Workshops
- Adrienne Horty of BESWOON
I am feeling blessed and energized as I head into the “off-season.” Thank you to all my friends who took the time to attend. Thank you to the many amazing people who helped this event come together in more ways than I ever dreamed. If ever any one needs the very best wedding team, just talk to me.
-Jessika Brooks-Brewer, French’s Point Owner and Founder of the Maine Wedding Cooperative
Photo credit to the wonderful Jamie Mercurio of Jamie Mercurio Photography.