Couples are always looking for ways to make their wedding weekend experience fun, memorable and unique. Because weddings are so trend influenced, the food truck movement has made it’s way into the wedding weekend at French’s Point too. We often get the question “Can we use a food truck for our wedding weekend at French’s Point”. Our answer is, sure you can. But here are some things to consider first:
Food Truck Logistics
First, food trucks are not caterers in most instances. They do not handle setup or breakdown during events, they do not buss tables, clean up waste, manage rentals, or communicate with the rest of the event team like a caterer would. Therefore, the responsibility of these tasks will then fall to your planner. For this reason, a food truck should certainly be discussed with your planner first before they are hired.
How Many Food Trucks Do I Need?
Secondly, food trucks can put out a large volume of food in a short period of time, but not in the volume needed in the time allowed at a wedding celebration. In our experience, we feel you will need one truck for every fifty guests you are serving, in order to put out the correct volume of food in less than one hour of service time. If you have 150 guests to serve, then three food trucks should be hired. Each food truck is different and some have more wedding event experience than others, so you should discuss this and your timing expectations with the food truck directly.
Our Stand-out Food Truck Providers
Third, not all food trucks have experience in providing service for wedding weekend events, or have experience here at French’s Point. Here is our list of stand-out food truck providers:
- Great for Breakfast catering or afternoon snacks
- Wood Fired Pizza & Farm Fresh Salad
- Lunch or Dinner
- Gourmet Breakfast Sandwiches & Wraps, and lots of other options for Lunch & Dinner
- Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
- Delicious Fish & Chips, Fish Sandwiches & Fries
- Lunch or Dinner
Food Truck Locations at French’s Point
Fourth, when you decide to work with a food truck, you need to consider which location at French’s Point you wish to utilize and your poor weather plan for your events:
The Farm House Private Beach
The Farm House West Slope Lawn(next to the Farm House Gazebo)
The Retreat House Portico (direct access to the Main Entrance)
The Retreat House West Side Porch (direct access to the Lounge)
The Retreat House East Side Porch (direct access to the Dining Room)
The Retreat House Sail Cloth Tent
When Should I Have a Food Truck During My Wedding Weekend?
Lastly, food trucks are a great accent to the celebration, but we have found that it is best if they are not the primary caterer for your wedding day. Here are some examples of where and when a food trucks has created a successful & memorable moment at French’s Point:
- Urban Sugar Donut Truck & Espresso Dave’s parked out near the Retreat House West Side Porch on Saturday morning
- Uproot Pie Co parked near the gazebo at the Farm House West slope Lawn serving up their delicious pizza for a casual Thursday night welcome dinner after a rousing afternoon of games on the neighboring Farm House Recreation Lawn.
- Saltbox Café parked out near the Retreat House Portico serving up their amazing breakfast sandwiches & burritos for a Sunday morning farewell Brunch.
- Fishin Ships parked down near the Retreat House Sail Cloth Tent for an casual rehearsal dinner on Friday night.
We hope that these details are helpful when you are considering a food truck as part of your wedding festivities.